Thursday, September 10, 2009

Some days...a rambling account of my day!

Today was just one of those days where I've been running all day. I was up at 6:30 and got the kids up, made sure everyone had breakfast, got dressed, found the inevitable lost shoe, brushed teeth, combed hair, got bags, lunches, double checked homework, out the door, first to the High School, then the 4&5 middle school, then the Charter school, then home for a coffee, bible, prayer break, and I was off again, getting Bob up we read the Bible together then he's out the door, the laundry started, the kitchen cleaned up, the beds made, the clothes hung, start the dryer, another load goes in, wash, dry, fold, put away, wash, dry, fold, put away, it was off to Anah's school to volunteer for a couple of hours, then lunch to get going, for Bob, Pappa, and Me. And on and on my day goes, running here to get the mail, pay a bill, pick up a child take them here, bring them there, answer the phone, can I pick up two more.... to take them there, and pick one other to bring them home???" Somewhere in between, I have a conversation on the phone to encourage my Mom, my sister, and my friend. I typed up a letter for Bob, typed Jeremy's homework, created an alphabet book for Faith, and read a story to charlie, lectured Josh about responsibility. Then it was time for dinner, sometime today I decided to just heat up some leftover chicken soup. While cooking I listened to another story from Pappa's past, for once it's one I haven't heard a dozen times already! lol! Said our blessings, then it was time to eat! On to homework, picked out clothes, gave baths, type this message, then family devotions, story time! Hugs kisses, cuddles, and lights out. But not for me! I still have to clean up the mess in the living room, clean the back bathroom, and I just realized I never got a shower today! *sigh* Don't get too close! With all the running around I've done I probably don't smell too pretty! It's strange though, for all I've done, I somehow don't feel like I've accomplished much??? What's missing? When my brains stops running I'll slow down and figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Pastor's wife, Mom of 5, & Homemaker! Doing all to the Glory of God! That about sums it up!